I have tried to keep the health guarantee a very informal oral agreement. I have found that a written, more specific health guarantee has become necessary. Please read all of this guarantee before you purchase a puppy from us.
By purchasing a puppy from Stonebrir Kennel, you agree to the following:
1. The puppy will be taken to the vet promptly. You should make sure that he/she is healthy and doesn't need a vet's attention. We request that this initial visit be within 48 hours of the puppy's arrival. This is to ensure that there aren't problems that have arisen from shipping, and also so that your veterinarian is familiar with your puppy if a situation arises.
2. We are not responsible for a puppy's exposure to diseases after they have left our possession. You should be careful where you take your puppy and who handles it as well. The puppy should not be exposed to previously infested disease areas or to places where a high level of exposure to diseases is possible. Treat him/her as if she is a newborn baby.
3. Validation of the guarantee requires examination of your puppy by the vet of your choice and at your expense within 48 hours of its arrival. This examination is expected to confirm that your dog was healthy upon arrival. If the puppy is showing any sign of illness, it should be taken to the vet immediately.
4. Your puppy, if shipped, has been through a vet check and has received a health certificate. He/she has been through at least his first shots and usually a series of shots before he/she has been delivered to you. He has also been de-wormed, but this does not mean that he is free of worms because young animals are especially susceptible to worms, are exposed every time they touch the ground, and worming is an ongoing process that will need to be continued once the puppy is in your care. Your puppy will also need follow up shots. It is very important that you follow up with shots and de-worming.
5. If the puppy has a vet diagnosed, congenital or hereditary defect, that is a life-threatening condition, bring the breeder a vet signed statement of the defect, and it will be replaced with the first available puppy with the same value as soon as possible. The original puppy must be returned before a new puppy can be delivered. All Shipping charges are the responsibility of the buyer. No shipping charges will be refunded or paid by seller for any reason.
6. Color of hair, texture, and length, are not guaranteed at all. Hair color changes with time and age.
7. Size is not guaranteed. It is not possible to know exactly what size a puppy will be when grown. Any indications of size are an estimate based on the size of the parents, and can change depending on a lot of other variables. We do provide an estimate that is based on our experiences as breeders, but we are not able to guarantee the predicted size of the puppy. Much of its size is based on his lifestyle with his new owners, including amount of exercise and the food he eats.
8. The breeder is not responsible for any veterinarian bills that the purchaser may incur regarding the purchased puppy.
9. This guarantee is null and void if the puppy is sold to a third party, and if normal precautions aren't taken.
10. Especially with smaller breeds of puppies, there is always a chance that stress will cause the puppy's sugar to drop to dangerous levels. It is the responsibility of the new owner to be very observant regarding the puppy's sugar level, to be aware of action that needs to be taken if this condition does occur. The new owner should be cautious to make sure that this condition doesn't affect the puppy, and the breeder cannot be responsible for issues that are a result of neglect of this condition.
11. The new owner is aware of past medical history of this puppy and accepts it. The new owner is responsible for obtaining veterinary advice when needed, and for paying for those services. From the time the puppy leaves the possession of the breeder, the purchaser assumes all responsibility of vet bills, and for the care of said puppy. If for any reason the puppy dies, the breeder has the right to demand and order an autopsy on the dog at the purchaser's expense. If the death is the breeder's fault which is found as a result of original lab results from a licensed veterinarian, the puppy will be replaced by the breeder.
12. No cash refunds will be given. All deposits are non-refundable. (they can be applied to another puppy). If the puppy has a microchip, the microchip must be returned to the breeder before a replacement is made.
13. If a puppy is to be replaced, the breeder will provide a healthy puppy of the same quality as the previous puppy as soon as one is available. The new owner will be responsible for all shipping charges for the first puppy to be returned to the breeder and for the charges for the second puppy to be shipped to them as well. If the purchaser chooses not to accept a replacement puppy, the health guarantee is null and void.
14. We work closely with our vets to ensure the health of our puppies. They have been administered all of the shots and de-wormings that are indicated on our shot records. Our shots are administered by the breeder under the vet recommended immunization program. We will only indicate the shots that your puppy has had. Please be aware that they have had these shots, and continue to administer shots as recommended by your veterinarian. Giving too many immunizations, and ignoring the immunizations that have been given can also be harmful to your puppy's health.
15. Our puppies will have a health certificate from a licensed veterinarian before they leave, and will be vet checked. Although we do everything we can to ensure the health of our puppies, our health guarantee does not apply to "kennel cough", coccidia, diarrhea, collapsed trachea, giardia, open fontanel, or parasites.
1. Teacup size puppies are especially delicate. They require a very high level of care. New teacup puppy owners will need to take extra precautions regarding the feeding and care of the puppies to ensure that the puppy's sugar is at a healthy level.
2. Because of the delicate nature of a teacup puppy, our health guarantee does not apply to these puppies. We take extra care to make sure they are ready to go to their new homes before they leave - sometimes we prefer to keep the puppies until they are 12 weeks old if they will be flying to their new homes.
3. We do guarantee that our teacup puppies are healthy by a licensed veterinarian check and health certificate that is issued in the state of Oklahoma and that they are free from known defect before they leave.
4. We also prefer an adult household for most of the puppies of this size.